Here’s a look at the 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of April 10-16, 2022. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several columns and original features, as well as press releases for events taking place throughout the state and neighboring areas like Philadelphia and New York. This week’s Top Ten includes articles covering six New Jersey counties (Atlantic, Cape May, Essex, Hunterdon, Mercer and Monmouth). paper mill playhouse had three top five stories as well as three stories about music festivals across the state.
1) Dion, “The Wanderer” and a memorable story in rock and roll history – The Paper Mill Playhouse is dark and quiet like a funeral. Suddenly, as loud and deafening as possible, the music comes.
2) Paper Mill Playhouse announces 2022-2023 season – (MILLBURN, NJ) – Paper Mill Playhouse has announced its 2022-2023 season, including a gripping murder mystery, a Disney hero of mythical proportions, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s beloved finale musical, the award-nominated story Tony of two Latin music icons, and the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical that defined a generation.
3) The Langosta Lounge will feature Jackson Pines and Cranston Dean Band every Thursday in May – (ASBURY PARK, NJ) – In May, the Langosta Lounge in Asbury Park will host a month-long residency with New Jersey bands Jackson Pines and the Cranston Dean Band on Thursday nights at 8:00 p.m. Two of NJ’s most critically acclaimed and hardworking independent singer-songwriters will play different sets each week showcasing music from their old albums as well as new music they’re working on and releasing later this year. .
4) The Frantic City Music Festival will debut in Atlantic City in September – (ATLANTIC CITY, NJ) – Frantic City, a new music festival, will debut September 24 at the Orange Loop Amphitheater in downtown Atlantic City, just steps from the boardwalk. The festival is presented by OLA, HoldFast Records and Todd Abramson. Lineup includes Car Seat Headrest, Yo La Tengo, Snail Mail, Murder City Devils, Shannon and the Clams, Superchunk, The Raveonettes, Rocket from the Crypt, Samiam, Titus Andronicus, Protomartyr and Control Top, with debates moderated by Fred Armisen .
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for more info
5) Review of “The Wanderer” at the Paper Mill Playhouse – Biographical jukebox musicals follow an established path – the heroic artist is uniquely talented; challenged by demons (bad relationships or addiction); defy the barriers and the cheering crowd soaks up the hit of a bygone era. Michael Wartella firmly joins the pantheon of hugely talented theater performers who rock and kill with an iconic performance. At the Paper Mill Playhouse, he owns the theater as doo wop/rocker Dion in a new production “The Wanderer.”
6) The 17th Annual Sourland Mountain Festival will be held in July – (RINGOES, NJ) – The Sourland Mountain Festival, presented by Unionville Vineyards, returns Saturday, July 23 with a powerful musical lineup. Enjoy the best local food and drink and visit specialty craft and service vendors and local organizations who will show and tell you about the mountain’s history and wildlife. The VIP experience will be available at the Ryland Inn in Whitehouse Station. New Jersey musical artists featured at this year’s festival include The Outcrops, James Popik and Supernova, and Rainbow Fresh.
7) The Exit Zero Jazz festival will take place from May 13 to 15 – (CAPE MAY, NJ) — Worldwide Logistics Group Exit Zero Jazz Festival Producer Michael Kline has announced the full musical lineup that will perform at the main Exit Zero Ferry Park outdoor venue and bars/restaurants across Cape May . After mounting festivals at reduced capacity with Covid-19 protocols in place in October 2020 and April 2021, Exit Zero Jazz is making a strong comeback with what festival producer Michael Kline described as “our most ambitious festival yet. “. The festival takes place from May 13 to 15, 2022.
8) Production Assistant Boot Camp will be at Mercer County Community College – (WEST WINDSOR, NJ) — The NJ Motion Picture and Television Commission is inviting New Jersey residents interested in pursuing a career in film and television production to apply for the upcoming Production Assistant Bootcamp scheduled for April 23-24. . The bootcamp will take place at Mercer County Community College in West Windsor
9) Mayim Bialik’s first film shot in North Jersey – North Jersey locations set the stage for just-released comedy-drama How they made us, the story of a divorced mother trying to make peace with her dysfunctional family while getting a second chance at love. Now she must attempt to convince her stubborn and humorously unhappy family members to hold on as they kiss a final goodbye.
10) Philly’s Five Hundred Bucks will release their debut album “$500” – Philadelphia-area punks Five Hundred Bucks will release their debut album titled “$500” on April 29. Featuring members of The Holy Mess, Bella Vista Social Club and Captain, We’re Sinking, Five Hundred Bucks’ debut follows their well-received 2020 singles “Shit Shape Heart” and “Spinal.”
Event previews are still one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first post them, and then again when they’re brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place – sometimes even months later. Make sure your events are previewed by sending us press releases to [email protected] – for even more promotion check out our ad prices that cost $50 to $100 for an entire month of targeted advertising.