Hans Marius Hoff Mittet will play the role of the beast of the Disney musical beauty and beast that premiers at Christiania Theater on August 14th. As his opponent and rival, in the role of Gaston, we find Rein Alexander .
The role list includes Lars Jacobsen, like the candlestick Lumiere and Liv-Unni Larsson Undal , like the wardrobe Madame de la Grande Bouche. Trond Lindheim will lead a ten man-made orchestra. Everyone is going to play Mari Lerberg Fossum (27) who has already landed the dreams of the beauty of Belle . She has previously had one of the main roles in the public moments Mamma Mia! at the National Theater in 2009. They are all looking forward to trial in mid-July.
“It’s a childhood dream and an amazing place to play the role of Belle,” says Lerberg Fossum.
The 27-year-old began his career as a musical artist on the music line at Manglerud High School in Oslo. The trip then went to Solbakken folk college, before she was picked out to the role of Sophie in Mamma Mia in her second year at Bårdar in 2009 ! at the Folketeateret. The performance became a major favorite among both audiences and critics. But when Mamma Mia fever had left and the performance was finished, Lerberg Fossum chose to focus on completing the education, and she recently went out of Gothenburg University’s music line.
Hans Marius Hoff Mittet currently has a main role in the musical Guy and Dolls at Oslo Nye Teater together with Kåre Conradi . Hoff Mittet is educated from the Bårdar Academy
and has since had a large number of great musical roles, including Singin ‘in the rain at Oslo Nye, Hair at The Norwegian Theater and in Evita at Kilden in Kristiansand . Rein Alexander is first and foremost known as singer, but has also had several musical roles in, among other things, Chess and Les Miserable .
Director Jostein Kirkeby-Garstad is brilliantly pleased to have the two in the role list.
– Hans Marius is the biggest musical star we have in Norway today, and Rein Alexander has the most amazing voice and an incredible presence. Together with Mari Lerberg Fossum as Belle, the three become a magic team, says director Kirkeby-Garstad.
Disney’s Musical Classics The beauty and the beast will be premiere on August 14 at Christiania Theater in Oslo. This is the first time a Disney musical is set up on a Norwegian scene. Here inland, many people remember the animated version of the Disney classic The beauty and the beast that went to Norwegian cinemas in the early nineties.
The musical is based on the film – and the film is again based on the adventure La Belle et la Bête of Jeanne-Marie Le Prince de Beaumont. The fairy tale was first filmed in 1946. The French director Christophe Gans had a new issue in February this year, including Lea Seydoux and Vincent Cassel in the lead . The story is about a prince who has been transformed into an animal and a young woman named Belle as he holds captive in his castle. To become a prince again, the beast must fall in love with Belle and win her love.
Facts about the beauty and the beast:
– The scene version is based on the animated Walt Disney movie written by Linda Woolverton . The music is by Alan Menken , and lyrics are by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice .
– The film has received a number of awards, and in 1992 Oscar got both for the best original music and for the best song.
– Several new songs were written for the stage version.
“On Broadway, the musical was shown over 5400 times between the 1994 premiere and before it was taken off the poster in 2007.
– In the Norwegian edition of the Disney film, Merethe Trøan had the voice of Belle while Lasse Lindtner was the Beast. Wenche Foss sang the title track in the role of Mrs. Potts, and Henki Kolstad was Maurcie, Belles father.